Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving and onward

Our Thanksgiving was very quietly thankful.  We had a relaxing day at home.  We did cook up a dinner more special than usual but not the whole turkey and fixings extravaganza. 

I fast-forwarded through the dog show on TV, only watching those breeds/sections in which I was most interested.  As in, I skipped the Toy division. 

On Black Friday I completely avoided shopping.   I only left the house to pick up Wolf's eye drops as he can't drive yet. 

We watched NOVA's re-examination of the evidence about the JFK assassination.  They showed the few seconds of shooting footage that was never shown at the time.  Yikes, it was graphic! 

Over the past few days we've talked to some close friends on the phone.  It was good to catch up.  And we should do it more often. 

I gathered up the leftovers from my Etsy shop and donated it all to one of the charity shops.  I then made a trip to Tinkertopia in Tacoma to donate a bunch of odd bits they can sell for upcycled crafts projects.  My arts blog has gotten more views than ever today as a result of Tinkertopia tweeting my sketch of their Little Free Library!

I drove Wolf to his cataract surgery f/u on Monday.  All is well.  He then went to the mall with another new glasses prescription.  He has nice, thin, lenses in his frames.  These are interim and not the best.  The MD said to wait until mid-January to see the optometrist again for a final prescription.  At least he is 20/20 again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment