Monday, December 30, 2013

Back up 2013

This is the first of my 2013 year in review.  I kinda hate those that I see on TV but I feel I want to do this anyway.

I spent the afternoon making backup DVD's of my photos and sketches.  You are making backups aren't you?  It's not whether your hard disc will fail, it's when.  Anything that is important needs to have a backup.  My husband, the IT pro, also says that the backups should be in multiples, in at least 2 different media and one of them off site.

Thus, my method is to back up to an external hard disk all year long.  I also make 2 DVD copies, one of which is stored in our safety deposit box.

This year, the photos required 8 DVD's which each hold 4.7 gigs.  That's 37.6 gigs of photos.  My sketches took another DVD themselves.


 
I'm glad that's done!  Next will be my collection of sketchbooks and journals for 2013.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment