Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Downton Abbey Trunk show

A friend discovered this Downton Abbey fabric event at Pacific Fabrics.  I attended with her and another friend.

It was a "trunk show" of the new line of a  special collection of fabrics based on the costumes of the TV show.  The rep told us that Andover Fabrics was invited by the show to create the fabric line. 
The rep also told us that there will be Seasons 5 and 6, with the option to go all the way through a 10th season!  Yay!

The dresses on display were 1920's era, which I do not like.  However, I was quite pleased that some of the fabrics in the collection were rather well done reproductions from the early 1900's.  The one I bought was from the Dowager Countess line and dated from 1910.  This compares a photo of the period fabric swatch with the modern cotton I purchased.




We were invited to come in period clothes.  As I said, I really can't stand the '20s.  So I'm dressed in Edwardian-ish, similar to the 1st season of the show.
Photo by Tina K.

And I won a prize in trivia.

Complete the sentence "Nothing succeeds like...."   Highlight for the answer:
"excess".  Said by the Dowager Countess (my favorite character)



A few more photos are here. 








No comments:

Post a Comment