Monday, March 31, 2014

Status update

This is an update to what I wrote in 23 March.....

Wolf got a phone call from his MD at the end of Friday.  Since he's been feeling so ill, he hasn't read his personal email.  MD had messaged him that the results on the slow version of the strep throat swap, done on 24 March, did find strep.  So I zipped over to the clinic to pick up the antibiotic prescribed.  Two weeks since with cough and sore throat!  The rapid result strep swap on 17 March had been negative. Since he wasn't getting better, he went back on 24th.  The lesson is, in future, if they do a rapid result swab, ask for a regular one, too!   He's feeling enough better to be at work - from home - today.  It's the first day in 18 that he has been out of bed and vertical all day. 

The new lenses arrived for my glasses and have been installed.  I guess my vision is better.  Until I get used to them, the verdict is out.  It was not an immediate, "oh, I see so much better".  Not at all.

My knee:  had my first PT today.  It actually doesn't hurt much.  I have a set of 4 exercises to do that will strengthen the muscles around the knee.  I go back in 10 days.  Unless I have a set back, I think it will be good enough for me to do the walking necessary to re-join my sketching group.  Our next outing together is 11 April. 

No comments:

Post a Comment