Monday, April 14, 2014

Assorted thoughts and photos

Sigh.  I've had to send my Canon G12 camera in for repair.  For several months it would intermittently not retract the lens.  It finally seemed permanently stuck open.  Canon no longer sells a more complex rangefinder (almost an SLR but no interchangeable lenses) with an articulated view screen.  I love that feature and I just have to have it.  So it's worth it to me to have this camera fixed.  I use it every single day.

It is inconvenient that I've got Norwescon this weekend.  I nearly bought a cheap, simple camera so I'd at least have something small with which to take photos there.  I do have a big Canon DSLR but it's a lot to carry around at a con.  It's my "serious photography" camera.  When I was looking at some cameras on display in a store, the somewhat knowledgeable sales staff told me "small cameras are going away".  He's probably correct.  There will always be a market for high end, semi-pro DSLR's.  But the smaller point and shoot ones will disappear as the phones in cameras improve.  For most people, they are good enough. 

I think I'll try to make-do with the camera in my Nexus 5 phone.  So I'm using it more and figuring out how to get it to perform better. 

Thus....  the coffee aisle at Target.  Can we say we're a little obsessed with our coffee here in Seattle?


















On Saturday, we enjoyed the lovely weather by doing spring clean up in the back yard.  It's all ready for what garden planting we do:  big pots for tomatoes.  This is a close up of a plant, done with the Nexus:





















I like that it has automatically blurred the background, auto using a small f-stop. 

While cleaning up some stuff, Wolf made this clip bracelet!








No comments:

Post a Comment