Tuesday, April 29, 2014

One last surgery followup

In retrospect, it would have been better to go out sketching in the morning rather than doing errands then.  The weather is a beautiful, sunny, 75 degrees!  After my eye surgery follow up appointment, my right pupil was so dilated it was uncomfortable to be out in that very bright sun.  After the appointment, I drove over to the Bellevue Botanical Garden but there is still a vast amount of construction going on.  Between that and my dilated eye, I decided to just go home.

The exam was a bit discouraging.  MD thought my eye exam showed better vision.  However, I'm back to fairly blurry vision out of the new prescription in my right eye.  He also said it's possible that I might never get 20/20 correction again in the surgical eye.  However, it will continue to improve over the next few months. And the retina looks good with no sign of the previous problem.  So, at least, that's all good!

Once home I put on two pairs of sunglasses and a hat to do a spot of gardening.  The irises are almost ready to bloom.  There are 2 lilac blooms opening.  I tied up the bleeding heart and then cut a couple branches to put in a vase.

















Yesterday, I bought this packet of water gems.  I heard about them on Gardening with Cisco.




Once 10 grams is hydrated in a liter of water, they become this and are a source of water for the plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment