Friday, September 4, 2015

Force Friday

Force Friday is a much-hyped Disney marketing campaign for the release of new Star Wars merchandise ahead of Episode VII. 

Still, I put on my Yoda jacket and went out to see whether there was at least any fabric I wanted.  Yes, there was.  I found these at JoAnn's. 

While cutting this one, the clerk didn't even recognize it as Star Wars.   I can't see it because it's on a cable channel I don't get, but I think these are characters from the newest cartoon series.  I have no interest but I got a yard so I could make a pillowcase for the "million pillowcase" campaign for Children's Hospital(s). 

According to an email from Pacific Fabrics:  "We've ordered a VERY special collection of 21Star Wars print fabrics..... PLUS, we'll be the only stores in Seattle, Bellevue and Bremerton that will have it for you!"  But they won't arrive until "a week or so later" than Force Friday (today).  Huh? 

As long as I was out, I thought I'd go to a couple stores.  Holy carp, but it was picked over.  Target and TRU both opened at midnight.  

"Star Wars coming soon"??  I think it came and went! 


More photos here

No comments:

Post a Comment