Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Power of Costume

This is an exhibit at the Experience Music Project (EMP)/Science Fiction Museum.    It is a joint Smithsonian and Lucas Film production.   http://www.empmuseum.org/starwars?code=home   It will tour the country in a 12 city, multi-year tour, but Seattle was the first stop.  It's now about to leave in a month as it closes October 4.

After months of delaying, I finally went to see it today.  I wasn't in a rush as I'd seen the much larger "Dressing the Galaxy" exhibit 10 years ago at FIDM in Los Angeles. 

I've uploaded 170 costume images to my photo host at full resolution and without estrictions on downloading.  Please feel free to download and use for reference but note photo credit is MK Buike (aka "JediKai" or Jedi Kai-Thri Ona in the Rebel Legion).   They are all here.

The costume images are between 5-8 megabytes each.  Most are shot at ISO 6400 due to the dark conditions of the room.  Many had to be photographed through reflective glass cases. The display for the Fetts allowed for 360 view, though through glass.

The album starts with the 8 Jedi costumes on display, as that is my personal area of interest.  I was annoyed that Qui-Gon and young Obi-Wan were displayed on a ledge so high it was impossible to see any detail.  Good thing I did see them up close at FIDM so long ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment