Sunday, June 8, 2014

Update

Sigh.  After about 3 1/2 months, I suffered a post surgical complication.  The vision was worsening to the point I could not read the newspaper with my right eye only.  My optometrist recommended a return to the surgeon, who found macular edema.  So I'm back on 2 kinds of eye drops for a month.  I had to see a different surgeon as the one who did my surgery was unavailable.  He said my surgeon, partner in the practice, would likely have gone directly to an injection.  However, with a new medication, he has not had to do an injection in a long time.  Unfortunately, this medication is not on forumulary for my health plan.  So I paid for it out of pocket.

It's been just over 2 weeks and I think the vision in the surgical eye is improving.  I have a return appointment in 2 weeks.

I've changed volunteer jobs at the Museum of Flight.  I'm learning the scheduling system for school groups.  It seems like a quite complex bit of computer  software but I'll get it after some practice.  It doesn't help with speed of learning to be there only one morning a week.  I'm not entirely sure this is where I want to be, though.  I was getting a bit bored as a Gallery Ambassador but I did enjoy contact with the museum visitors.  I'd better make up my mind before they invest too much time in training me!

Since I had already had a workshop with her, I decided to dis-enroll from the July Urban Sketching workshop here.  I really want to go to the 2nd Annual West Coast Urban Sketchers Sketchcrawl in Portland.  The next one is likely to be in San Diego and the first one was in San Francisco.  So this is much easier to get to. All the hotels close to the sketching sites are either booked or $400/night.  I've picked something further out but that is right on the MAX light rail.

No comments:

Post a Comment